Well, it's amazing that I'm even trying to update my blog at this point. But I did make the update barely before a year!
We are doing great, A LOT has happened in a year. Just a few of the highlights:
1. The girls went to their first year of preschool last year, loved it, have really improved in their speech and are pretty close to caught up at this point. They start 4 year old preschool in about a month and hopefully it will prep them for kindergarten. Can't believe they are that old!
2. Mckenna had eye surgery (traditional this time) in the spring to straighten out her crossing (the Botox didn't work). It went well. But now she's a little too out with her eyes! So she is having surgery again in a couple weeks right before school so it won't interfere with that. Crazy girl!
3. We sold our yellow house! It was fast and furious when it happened. They wanted to move in in two weeks instead of the normal month so we had to pack up and move our life in just a few weeks! But at that point we had already started to break ground on the new house so it was a blessing and we were willing to do whatever so we could move into our new house.
4. We built a new house over 4-5 months. I know people say it's stressful and there were stressful times here and there but I LOVED IT! I'm ready to build again... well maybe not for awhile. I thought it was fascinating and I was one of those annoying people that was at the house multiple times a week to see the progress. I love house stuff in general anyway so it was enjoyable for me. We lived in a teeny tiny apartment while we built so it helped us appreciate even more being able to have a new home. We feel very blessed.
5. I bought and painted a lot of new furniture for my new house and I have pics of the house below but will do another post on the before and afters of all the furniture. Since we moved in in later January, I've pretty much just painted, decorated and put up a lot of curtains so I feel like its finally looking more finished now.
6. Kyle started a new job in the last couple months. He's excited about it but it's definitely been more stressful for him. He really loved working at his last job but he's looking forward to the new job as well.
7. I stayed with my parents again this spring for a little bit and helped my mom revamp a few more things in her home. When she has time she'll send me pictures and I can share them here.
So that's about it.... Just been a really crazy busy year!
Now for the part that everyone really cares about (what am I talking about, no one reads this, I'm just mainly talking to myself now!) the pictures!
|L to R: Mckenna, Carly, Madison|
|F to B: Mckenna, Carly, Madison|
The New House: Main Room
Office (Kyle's Man Cave- with little help from me)
Laundry (love my check floor!)
Bathroom (looks who's taking a pic of herself in the mirror)
Upstairs... it's boring and not decorated yet, aka. toy graveyard
My Summer Mantle
We love all the trim work feel so spoiled
Sorry it's blurry, front door painted yellow
I was trying to go Cape Cod style with traditional mix on the house. But I love me some French and a little bit of country too so that's mixed in as well. We are loving it and love living in Kuna where it's a little bit quieter....