Thursday, May 20, 2010

New House Color!

So, we have needed to paint our house for a few years now- it's looking faded. We were going to do it last summer but we all know what happened last summer. So that put our plans on hold until this spring. Last week, Kyle's mom came over to watch the girls, Kyle took the week off from work and we painted like mad! We painted the whole house in four days. That's silliness since two of the days were overcast and rainy or windy but we needed to get it done. We painted it yellow! I have always wanted a yellow house. Good grief, if my name is Sunny, I deserve a yellow house right? I think it turned out well don't you? I do know that I did not love painting it and I hope that we don't have to paint the outside of a house for a long time to come. I love painting interiors (walls, furniture, etc) but I did not love outside painting. Maybe if it would have been warmer it wouldn't have been so bad.

Then after the house was painted Kyle went with my dad and brothers up to Coeur d' Alene for a boys weekend of golf. Lucky him huh? Good thing he has a nice wife. My mom came over and watched the girls with me while they are gone.

But this weekend, I am going to be all alone with the girls and no lifelines to help. Kyle is going on a business trip to Tennessee Saturday through Wednesday. Ahhh! Hopefully he finds us all alive when he gets back! Just kidding, it shouldn't be too bad. The only thing that makes we a little claustrophobic is that I can't leave the house, even at night. I guess I can with them but that we be crazy. I only attempt that with doctor's appointments. Anyway, pictures of the house...
Before: When we first moved in Fall 2005. We did paint the eaves and garage door to look like...

This before (a week ago): I HATED the terra cotta brick for five years so I stained it red/brown and we changed the whole body, door, repainted trim to white and eaves to black.

After: Ahh... I feel so much better with the new colors. I can't help it that yellow, black and white are my favorite combination.

Side view...


And painted and made my own street number. The house feels so much happier now...

1 comment:

  1. It's so cute! I'm glad you put up the pictures :) And yes, if your name is Sunny, you do deserve a yellow house! I love it. Great work!! Good luck without Kyle! You will wonder how moms can be single...I learned that last weekend while Justin was gone!

    ReplyDelete